Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Now they've crossed the line

There are times when doing the right thing is costly and makes one uncomfortable...queasy even.
A petition to deport CNN host Piers Morgan over his heated comments on gun control has reached more than 62,000 signatures in just 4 days, far exceeding the threshold required for a White House response. A petition must get 25,000 signatures in 30 days in order to elicit a response.
Look I'd like to see Piers Morgan leave my resident hemisphere as much as the next person so he can engage in all manner of unethical journalistic conduct against individuals or write ill-conceived rants about the management of Arsenal F.C. without me knowing of it. I really do hate coming to his defense when he's right.

 So, gun nuts, stop making me do that.

[cross-posted at Firedoglake]

2 comments:

StonyPillow said...

Owning guns makes you believe in the magic of the will, I guess. They can have what they want because they own a big old gun. And BTW, respect their authoritay for having the “self-discipline” not to use it on you.

Heck, I’m all for deporting Piers Morgan. He committed criminal acts while he was editor of the Daily Mail. But there has to be a conviction, or some legal reason to deport. Haven’t got that yet.

Unless you have a big old gun. Then your will can do magic.

pansypoo said...

yes. don't make us side w/ piers.