Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm not the General

But I too can suffer through a book in order to give you an Amazon.com book review.

I see no reason, as it is a real book review it should be taken down, but just in case Amazon continues to censor negative reviews, here is the one I put up in full:

(Two Stars) Full of trenchant points, January 12, 2006
Reviewer: Atta J. Turk "Atta J. Turk" (Iowa) - See all my reviews

Ms. O'Beirne, if I may call her "Ms." O'Beirne, was well known-for her laid back, and even-handed manner on "The Capital Gang". In this work, she demonstrates for us something that one would never know from her articles at the National Review, she has the potential to form complete sentences. Sadly, the book is replete with her failure to do so, but at least with the help of an editor it appears that she can -- so I'm going to give her a bonus star for almost making an effort.

I read the book and I believe its premise is that pretty much anyone that disagrees with Kate O'Beirne is a feminist, even though those same feminists are the ones that allow a person like Kate O'Beirne to make a living writing books that describe how much Kate O'Beirne disagrees with them. I wish her better luck next time developing this continuing theme with her forthcoming work, "Why Liberal Women have Bad Teeth and an Atrocious Overbite".

In summary, I can recommend this book highly. If you are alone in the woods, during a cold snap, and you have a flint, but no kindling. Or, of course, for other non-reading related purposes if you are so situated.

No comments: