Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Man, tough day to be away from the computer

You may notice on occasion just how early I get up to entertain America, though when I have free time I just post and post and post.

But man, I really feel bad that I missed my chance to notice just how K-Lo had one last spasm on Schiavo. Sad, so very very sad. But this was my favorite post of all.

SCHIAVO [K. J. Lopez]
I'm getting a lot of e-mails like this:
Keep spinnin', dearie.

Your wild-eyed histeria was amusing two months ago, and you should provide an equal amount of entertainment over the next few days, as well....
They remind me of Peggy Noonan's "In Love with Death" column. Like Peggy, I don't get it. Entertainment? Agree or disagree, this was a tough, terrible case. I do not understand the glee, the certainty leading to leaning toward death...; as Peggy put it "They seem to have fallen half in love with death." (This is not true of everyone who wanted her feeding tube pulled, of course, but it's out there, and often.)
Posted at 12:45 PM


You hag, you put up about 45 posts a day in your dementia during this whole thing, most of them talking about how she was responsive and reacting, "aaaaahhhh waaaaahhh" indeed. Now we find it conclusively shown that this woman's brain was a half-volume pool of jello. It was damn clear then, and proven now.

You owe Michael Schiavo a fat fucking apology. Not that you'll ever give it.

But most of all I resent the fact that you have made me agree with Derbyshire, and that just makes me goddamned ill.

No comments: