Friday, September 09, 2005

Et tu, Colin?

Or as Bush would say, "I've never seen Colin et much of anything, whenever he's around me he says he is not hungry, heh, heh, heh...won't get fooled again!"

Just as Pickles was pointing her crazy ass finger at Kenye West or Howard Dean decrying that race played a role in the ineffectual government response, here comes Powell -- reportedly African-American, saying this:

"There was more than enough warning over time about the dangers to New Orleans. Not enough was done. I don't think advantage was taken of the time that was available to us, and I just don't know why," Powell said in excerpts on ABC's Web site.

He said he did not think that race was a factor in the slow response, but that many of those unable to leave New Orleans in time were trapped by poverty which disproportionately affects blacks...

..."I don't think it's racism, I think it's economic," Powell said. "But poverty disproportionately affects African-Americans in this country. And it happened because they were poor."



Laura sends a special "hello" to Colin.

No comments: