Thursday, June 21, 2012

By all means, keep this asshole plugging away on TV

Via the Great Orange Satan: Wow, when a Rabbi criticizes Bill Donohue, the latter keeps it all totally professional and not at all stupid, bigoted, threatening, and completely false (hey several sins in one!):

 Ed Koch, my friend, once said that Jews had better not make enemies of their Catholic friends since they have so few of them. Think about that the next time you feel compelled to attack my religion.


And, of course, not only is that completely ass-out unhinged, it is also false:
Koch, the former mayor of New York, said that he never said the quote Donohue attributes to him. "My comments have always been about fostering good feelings between Jews and Catholics toward mutual understanding of our shared interests," Koch said in a statement. "However, I certainly do not believe that Jews, or Catholics, should be threatened for making critical remarks, nor should my name be used when doing so. While I do have a high regard for Bill, his references to me and my remarks were inappropriate and different in substance and tone than what I said on an earlier occasion. My remarks did not and do not refer to the Rabbi's comments."
And in a way the bolded quote is the biggest indictment of the modern punditry scam as their is.

4 comments:

JDM said...

The Koch Brothers: Manny, Moe, Jack, Chuckie, Dave & Ed

Montag said...

I'm still hedging my bets on who will be the first documented human being to explode due to spontaneous combustion. Right now, it's a toss-up between Donohue and Chris Christie.

pansypoo said...

bacon for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Otherwise, Donahue will behave like his fellow Catholic, Hitler ?