Thursday, February 07, 2013

It goes without saying

That more Republican legislators seem to introduce the most patently stupid or hateful bills than Democrats (not that the latter are immune), and so without further adieu here is the latest incident of stupid is as stupid proposes:

State Sen. John Goedde has introduced legislation that would require Idaho high schoolers to read and pass a test on Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged” before graduating, The Spokesman-Review reported.

“That book made my son a Republican,” Goedde said, when asked why Rand was his pick.
Well, your son, I assume is made of the same genetic gooberesque material you've got so it is not surprising he's as dumb as you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

“That book made my son a Republican,”

Because steering students toward one political party is a legitimate reason for legislation in "small government" Idaho.

Yastreblyansky said...

Reminds me helplessly of the wicked old joke:
"My mother made me a homosexual."
"Ooh, if I get her the wool can she make one for me?"

I guess the real message is that being a Republican is a lifestyle choice and can be cured. Take away his Ayn Rand books for Christ's sake and make him go outdoors with the other guys.

pansypoo said...

now i know why i could not get past the 1st page.