Well, with regard to my acquaintance's questions:
Did you see this item?
Is this woman insane? Do you think she's secretly trying to undermine her husband? How does this stunt help him? I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Thomas found out!
But more seriously, why isn't Congress investigating the relationship between Mrs. Thomas's foundation's funding and litigants before the Court? Didn't Thomas vote to allow unlimited spending by and secret funding of political organizations? Why isn't he being impeached?
- Insane? Possibly. (Stupid? Probably. Clueless. Absolutely.)
- If you were married to a man so bitter and childish, wouldn't you try to undermine him?
- It doesn't. It makes him look bitter and childish all over again. (Just as an aside, is there anything more exhausting than people who are bitter? Christ, they bore me, too.)
- Because Congressional Democrats are afraid of their own shadows. The Republicans will be mean to them if they investigate!
- Why, yes. He did. He certainly did.
- See answer to No. 5. Adding that impeachment is off the table because the country already knows that the Court is compromised at best and corrupt at worst. We've accepted that our institutions, from the Court to Wall Street to the media, are broken.