Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Let me sum this up...

As an Iowan, I feel qualified to say this:

Sioux City:

1. It was essentially founded by the first guy in the Lewis & Clark expedition who preferred dying to being in Sioux City.

2. It's where pigs and jet airliners go to die.

3. The predominant smell is, yes, pig feces.

4. It is represented by Steve King, or is that redundant with #3 above?

So naturally, they have created the worst video of all time.



At least until Minot, North Dakota covers Ke$ha.

10 comments:

Montag said...

Oh, My. Goodness.

Taking boosterism to a new low.

rapier said...

I'm rather fond of the surrounding Loess Hills.

StonyPillow said...

Paul Eckert City Manager suffers from chronic rhinitis. Can't blame his sinuses, either.

DrDick said...

I think that Mitchell, SD, and Havre, MT, could give them a run for their money. Miles City, MT, with their annual "rough stock" auction, would leave them in the dust.

rapier said...

I think Iowa, lead by Sioux City since it is closest, should invade South Dakota, march to Mitchell and take the Corn Palace and bring it to Iowa where it belongs.

sukabi said...

if it was "Rock & Roll" then the foundation has crumbled away to NOTHING cause those folks CAN'T sing and don't have any rhythm....

pansypoo said...

ugh. i hate that fucking 'tune'. i detest karaoke. now i hte Sioux city.

JDM said...

Jesus, that blew chunks. Iowa still has the University of iowa, though, right?

Athenawise said...

I want to know what buttons they're wearing on those green jackets.

Or, maybe it was explained in the video, which I couldn't get through.

But I want me some of them buttons.

acorvid said...

Yes, not so slick. But the essential goodness and substance of midwesterners comes through, and that's nice to experience. And, clueless commenters to the contrary, that is a great, great rock and roll song.