Monday, May 03, 2010

Whine me a river (not you BP)

Christ-on-a-Cracker.

For the Village, there's just never enough of whatever they decide there isn't enough of.

Obama's derisive tone surprises and dismays some of the people who've written jokes for presidents past.

"With these dinners you want the audience to like you more when you sit down than when you stood up," says Landon Parvin, an author and speechwriter for politicians in both parties, and a gag writer for three Republican presidents (Reagan and Bushes I and II).


"Obama too mean to Republicans" says alleged Republican joke writer (which part of "oxymoron" works there?)

I'd tell them to go fuck themselves, but self-love is literally all they do and all they see.

And in the comment section, I see a bizarro-world resident showed up:


Good to know Dick Cheney is staying active.

9 comments:

Oblios Cap said...

"CT Skins fan"?

I think Traitor Joe's the culprit.

donnah said...

I watched Obama's "act" in the correspondents' dinner and I actually laughed out loud for most of it. So I definitely liked him more after he sat down than when he started.

Leno, OTOH...

Jim said...

I tell you who was funny. Red Skelton, that's who was funny. He did a routine on women drivers that was a funnier than any of your young peoples' "snark" and "irony".

Montag said...

"... thin-skinned, petulant, mendacious president...."

Sure sounds like Richard Nixon to me....

sukabi said...

"... thin-skinned, petulant, mendacious president...."

This describes GWB to a tee... couldn't even hold a critical sign anywhere within eye sight of him with out being hauled off in cuffs.

Chairman Mo said...

Did anyone notice that every single "act" ridiculed John Boehner's orange glow.

Montag said...

"... orange glow?"

Geez, I'm relieved. Now we know what the fuck to call it, other than "some distressing skin disease caused by rolling around in chemical, biological and radiological toxic muck."

pansypoo said...

coming from a skins fan.

Anonymous said...

Orange glow is a drink isn't it?
Becuz that's the vibe I get from Bohemer's visage.
Vox