Thursday, July 22, 2004

Doing Right by America

Apparently the democrats believe they have found a catchy slogan for the election, "Doing right by America." (Doesn't this sound like a Pat Buchanon book title?) I have to admit that I like the sound of it at first glance. But come on, is any slogan from a politician real? Chimpy McFlightsuit claimed to be a "compassionate conservative." I should point out that Michael Savage -- who wished that gays would die on his short lived MSNBC show -- claims to have originated the tag "compassionate conservative" which immediately makes me doubt the compassionate part of the phrase. Hell, I think even conservatives are opposed to Bush's and Savage's vision of America. W also argued that we had achieved "mission accomplished." Shoot, who thought that Clinton should keep talking about some darn "bridge to the 21st century?" I have looked all over the country and I have not found some damn bridge to the 21st century.

I wish the democrats the best of luck with their catch phrase, maybe it will mean something to them that they act on. We just have to hold their feet to the fire on doing right by the majority of Americans not just the wealthy or big corporations.

No comments: