Friday, August 20, 2004

Oh Boo Hoo, Lit'l LuLu

I feel all dirty, but I went to Michelle Malkin's site after she was thoroughly embarrassed by Tweety for claiming some of the not-so-Swifties were asserting that Kerry intentionally hurt himself for Purple Hearts(even they don't claim that -- yet) last night on Hardball. Via Atrios (why oh why cannot I not be blogrolled?[but I'm not bitter]) you may have seen the video link, but here it is again from Oliver Willis (hey, he hasn't blogrolled me either...still not bitter).

Malkin blathers and whines in a way only the most demented freeper can:

Well, guess what? This foaming jerk Matthews, who called me irresponsible and kicked me off the show admitted that a) he himself had not read the damned book, b) he was not interested in asking Kerry about the specific doubts raised by vets about his wounds, and c) he had not and would not question Kerry about these specific allegations.

"Are you saying he shot himself on purpose?" Matthews hammered. I repeated myself again clearly that I was referring to the allegations about self-inflicted wounds in the book. When I tried to explain that the vets who were with Kerry had cast a lot of doubt on whether enemy fire occurred during the first two incidents, Matthews cut me off again. "Why did you say that?" he badgered. Because, I said, I was talking about what was in the book, which he had admitted he hadn't read.

"Don't you wonder?" I asked.

"No, I don't," he bellowed. "It's never occurred to me."

With that, I was kicked off the second segment.

As the show broke for commercials, Matthews scrambled for his producers to see if what he said was true. And I'm irresponsible? One staffer ran to the office where I had left my copy of the book, and handed it to Matthews, who--for the first time, apparently--started flipping through it. I asked for my book back and politely said thank you. After I left, he trashed me again on the air and his scurrilous charges were repeated by his MSNBC colleague Keith Olbermann, who called me an "idiot."


Oh, there is more, Ms. "Internment can be a good thing, let's think about it again" blathers on and on. It is laughably funny. She knows that on every show she's been challenged on she has been an idiot.

Go read it, if you dare. It is so lame you'll laugh, you'll cry, but most of all, you'll realize Lit'l LuLu cannot think.

No comments: