Monday, February 28, 2011

Well, this won't be good for that defamation suit

I have to admit, though people who know me would certainly not be surprised, I know little of the world of fashion. But the cause celebre in the world of the bizarrely dressed because they are fashionable is the suspension and subsequent defamation suit brought by a design exec alleged to have gone all anti-semetic at a restaurant. Well, though it's another country, I am a law-talkin' guy and getting caught on video saying those remarks is not a very good piece of evidence if you're the plaintiff.

The UK's Sun has obtained this video, recorded at La Perle, wherein Christian Dior creative director John Galliano spews anti-Semitic remarks at a couple at the adjoining table. The moment was captured by a friend of the couple. In it, Galliano is seen slurring his words, but clearly stating: "I love Hitler" and "People like you would be dead. Your mothers, your forefathers, would all be f****** gassed."


Case dismissed.

4 comments:

Montag said...

Umm, not very creative, I must say.

pansypoo said...

how vichy.

MD said...

What a sweety.... If they ever make a movie on his life. I'm sure Mel Gibson is available

Anonymous said...

And to add insult to injury, his mother dresses him funny.