Friday, October 19, 2012

Oh this should go over well

Remember how the GOP has a shit fit over any possible -- and quite debatable -- slight of any nature when made by someone with a (D) after their name?  Oh, and how this shit-fit gets tossed right into the narrative of the day.

Well, get a load of this one:

The wife of Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney on Thursday said that her husband and sons had not joined the U.S. military but had found “different ways of serving” by going on religious missions in France, England, Australia and Chile as part of their obligation to the Mormon church. 

...

“He was serving his mission, and my five sons have also served missions. None served in the military, but I do have one son that feels that he’s giving back to his country in a significant way where he is now a doctor and he is taking care of veterans.”

“So, you know, we find different ways of serving,” she added. “And my husband and my five boys did serve missions, did not serve in the military.”

Only someone incredibly out-of-touch could equate dressing up as the "International-version" of Geek Squad and knocking on doors for your RELIGION is the equivalent of serving in the military.  Door-slams are not "being in the shit" Ann!

But maybe I'm wrong -- after all maybe the terrorists and Viet Cong did hide out in France, England, Australia and Chile.  There "Charlie" was, just sitting in his house reading, watching TV, masturbating, shitting -- or all four things simultaneously when the brave Romney men smoked them out of their holes by knocking on their doors and telling them tales of Jesus' New World Tour.

9 comments:

Dave B in DC said...

G.D. that's some funny stuff there. Best post of the week. Are you on Twitter?

Anonymous said...

"...I do have one son that (sic) feels that he’s giving back to his country in a significant way where he is now a doctor and he is taking care of veterans.” - Evrémonde-heiress, Ann Romney.

But that's not exactly the same thing, it is Annie?

From what I discovered while digging around the-series-of-tubes, is Ben Romney is a doctor in residency at the University of Utah's medical school. In radiology! Although necessary, that's not exactly "treating" patients, and the U. of Utah is not exactly the local VA Hospital, either.

I don't know anything about the U. of Utah's medical program, but I'm going to guess that the medical school gets paid by that "soshilust" government, led by the Kenyan Usurper his father hates so much, to treat those veterans, at a rate that far exceeds the $435 - a month! - pay I received from the U.S. Army in the 1970's.

Anonymous said...

"Mitt doesn't like to talk about his time overseas. That's why very few people realize he came back from France with a severe case of baguette fatigue." —Ann Romney

Malacylpse said...

Funny, the fact that my dad served a Mormon mission did not keep his ass out of Korea. And my uncle's mission didn't keep him out of WW2, either.

Grung_e_Gene said...

HRH Ann Romney now decrees her boys to be the 21st century Sullivan Brothers.

So let it be written! So let it be done!

Anonymous said...

these people are craven. they have no moral or social conscience.

i suppose driving on our roads and actually waiting at red lights is also so damned polite for them...

liked the last word and what Lawrence had to say to them...

pinheads.

feralcrj

Anonymous said...

these people are craven. they have no moral or social conscience.

i suppose driving on our roads and actually waiting at red lights is also so damned polite for them...

liked the last word and what Lawrence had to say to them...

pinheads.

feralcrj

pansypoo said...

mormonism does NOT = patroiotism.

Anonymous said...

Rarely is the question asked, what the fuck did the Mittster actually do during his "mission" in France?

Trying to convert French people to Mormonism would require a rather sophisticated command of the language; one which I seriously doubt that a North American college student--- even one who had MAJORED in French--- would have.

And as far as I know, Rmoney didn't major in French.

Call me "Mr. Suspicious", but I have a strong feeling that a whole lot more partying went on than actual door-knocking.

I speak as a retired French teacher and lifelong student of the language.

I seriously doubt that I, who have studied and taught French for most of my life, could go to France, knock on doors and manage to convince actual French people of anything.

I rather have the feeling that they would be looking at me with the same look of incredulous amusement with which I would have for some French kid with a minimum of English, knocking on my door to tell me about some crazy religion I'd never heard of and didn't give a shit about.