Tuesday, August 10, 2010

In a World ... of Self-Important Hypocritical Asshats

...there is no Self-Important Hypocritical Asshat bigger than Newt Gingrich:

He'd just returned from Erie, Pennsylvania, where he'd given a speech full of high sentiments about compassion and family values.

The next night, they sat talking out on their back patio in Georgia. She said, "How do you give that speech and do what you're doing?"

"It doesn't matter what I do," he answered. "People need to hear what I have to say. There's no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn't matter what I live."

Read it all.

Oh, and Esquire? I wish you'd held this profile until after the 2012 RNC.

3 comments:

rapier said...

Governing a nation in decline is not an enviable task. The only way to get the job is to be acceptable to an ever smaller and more powerful elite. A situation which is part an parcel with the decline.

Newt is just enough of a loose cannon that he will never get the job. Obama is the perfect guy and will win in 12. As much as I abhor Newt half the time I am not convinced he would be any worse than what we have now. Something I couldn't say about McCain who is just as much of a loose cannon but as dumb as a box of rocks and too enamored with bombs.

pansypoo said...

pompous ass.

Montag said...

Newt + Neuticles = Newticles.