Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Now they're unstoppable

I await without much enthusiasm the start of the NFL season (don't know why, perhaps I just think my team is going to have a bad year of unending talk radio laughter -- that's right after 50 seasons I've figured out how it always goes for the Vikings).

But at least in the other football, the one played with the y'know, feet, we have real news stories:

Scotland 2-1 Liechtenstein


and

Republic of Ireland 3-1 Andorra


I don't know how these One-Half and Three-Quarters of a nation (hah, Ireland and Scotland jokes not involving Guinness and Haggis, suck on that one Jon Stewart!) were able to overcome two such powerhouses with a combined population of less than 120,000 people (look it up, Wikipedia never lies!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

leichtenstein has a team?
ppoo